|Home||<< 1 >>|
Hofer, J. A., S. Bengio, G. Rozas, P. D. Pérez, M. Sirena, S. Suárez, and N. Haberkorn. "Compositional effects on the electrical properties of extremely disordered molybdenum oxynitrides thin films." Materials Chemistry and Physics 242 (2020): 122075.
Abstract: Molybdenum oxynitride (MoNxOy) thin films were grown by reactive sputtering on Si (100) substrates at room temperature. The partial pressure of Ar was fixed at 90%, and the remaining 10% was adjusted with mixtures N2:O2 (varying from pure N2 to pure O2). The electrical properties of the films depend on the chemical composition. Thin films grown using mixtures up to 2% O2 have γ-Mo2N phase and display superconductivity. The superconducting critical temperature Tc reduces from ∼6.8 K to below 3.0 K as the oxygen increases. On the other hand, the films are mostly amorphous for gas mixtures above 2% O2. The electrical conductivity shows a semiconductor-like behavior well described by variable-range hopping conduction. The analysis of the optical properties reveals that the samples do not have a defined semiconductor bandgap, indicating that the high structural disorder produces electron excitation for a wide range of energies.
Keywords: Molybdenum; Oxynitrides; Thin films; Sputtering; Electrical transport