History

The Magnetic Resonance Laboratory celebrated 50 years of creation in 2018. And throughout this half century it has managed to establish itself, with a history that makes it a benchmark in a series of topics, especially those involving electronic resonance. Historically, the laboratory focused on research lines based on Electronic Paramagnetic Resonance; and later they expanded into other aspects of magnetism. However, in recent years, the ability to produce nano-sized samples has been developed, giving rise to new lines of research. Currently these lines of work are maintained and there are several researchers making technological developments.
The academic capacity of the Magnetic Resonance Laboratory is indisputable. Its popularity in Argentina and even abroad on different topics prove it, as well as its network of collaborations both nationally and internationally.

  • 1958 – 1960 Creation of the Magnetic Resonance Laboratory

  • 1965 First Peer Review Publication

  • 1978 First Magnetometer (Faraday Balance) was incorporated

  • 1987 Bruker ESP300 EPR systema was bought

  • 1995 SQUID magnetometer became available (shared with other groups)

  • 1996 First “nano” groups formed – First synthesis of nanostructures

  • 1998 Magnetotransport experiments

  • 2001 VSM magnetometer

  • 2002 Mössbauer spectroscopy was incorporated

  • 2003 Scanning probe microscopy (AFM-MFM) adquired

  • 2003 Scanning probe microscopy (AFM-MFM) adquired

  • 2008 New K-band and Q-band frequencies incorporated

  • 2012 Adhesion of the Magnetic Resonance Laboratory to the National Magnetic Resonance System (SNRM)

  • 2014 MOKE magnetometry and microscopy

  • 2015 Creation of LiZys S. A.

  • 2016 New Electronic Paramagnetic Resonance Bruker X-Band Facility Elexsys E500

  • 2018 Creation of MUTECH Microsystems